Do you know the radon level in your home?
Radon is a radioactive gas that comes from the ground and is found in every home – sometimes at elevated levels. Radon can build up to levels that Health Canada considers to be dangerous, particularly when Canadian homes are sealed up against the cold weather. Find out more about Radon here.
Over time, exposure to elevated levels of radon can cause lung cancer. In fact, radon is the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers.
What can you do?
Test your home. The Library lends Radon Detectors that you can use at home to test your levels.
To find out more about our Lending program, please Contact the Library .
Thank you to Simon Air Quality for donating radon detectors to the Library for our community.