**COVID-19 Service Update**
Update – April 8.
Under the new stay-at-home orders, Library services can continue as listed below.
The Library is still able to provide in-library computer access at this time, but will be limiting this to one computer, by appointment if possible, in order to ensure safety.
Library Service during the April Lockdown
Library service will continue during the new state of emergency with some restrictions. We remain committed to providing you with continued library service while maintaining a safe environment.
Public access to the Library building will be limited (only for computer use) and browsing the library shelves is not permitted; however, most Library services continue to be available.
The Library will continue with our Winter Hours
- Curbside pick-up (porch pick-up) of library materials (details below)
- Computer access in library (some limitations, by appointment please)
- *** The Seed Library will be available *** (contact staff for details)
- Printing, Faxing, Scanning, Copying (some limitations, please contact staff)
- Wifi access outside the Library (please use from your vehicle to remain safe)
- Online collections and services
- InterLibrary Loans (some reductions of service)
- Virtual meeting space for community groups (contact staff to schedule)
- Virtual programming
- Online stories (YouTube)
- Adult programming (via Zoom) – TBA
- Reference services, including genealogy requests (contact staff)
- Return of Library materials. The Library will be using recommended quarantining procedures before returning items to circulation.
- In-Library access and browsing
- In-Library programming or meeting room use
- Public Washrooms
CURBSIDE PICK-UP / PORCH PICK-UP
- Find out what’s available now by searching the Library’s catalogue. Not sure what you want? Just ask us! Staff are happy to help find something you’ll like.
- Login to your account to place items on hold from the catalogue – or contact the Library by phone (613-269-3326), email, contact form, or social media to request items. All circulating items in the Library are available for loan.
- When your items are ready, staff will contact you to arrange a time for pick-up. To ensure everyone’s safety, we will do contactless pick-up on the Library porch.
- When you arrive for pick-up, we ask that you wait until staff have left your items on the porch and returned to the Library before you approach to pick-up or return items. If you require delivery, please contact us to see what arrangements can be made.
- If you are returning items, please use the return slot to minimize contact.