Library service is permitted to continue during the new state of emergency, and Merrickville Library is committed to providing you with access to our collections under this Stay-at-Home order.
The Library building will be closed to the public during this period; however, many Library services continue to be available.
Curbside Pick-Up Service will be available:
Monday – Friday 1:00 – 4:00 pm
and Saturdays 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Other pick-up times may be available by appointment, contact the Library for additional information or assistance with this or any of our services.
- Curbside pick-up (porch pick-up) of library materials (details below)
- Wifi access outside the Library (please use from your vehicle to remain safe)
- Online collections and services
- InterLibrary Loans (some reductions of service)
- Virtual meeting space for community groups (contact staff to schedule)
- Printing, Faxing, Scanning, Copying (some limitations, please contact staff)
- Virtual programming
- Online stories (YouTube)
- Adult programming (via Zoom) – TBA
- Reference services, including genealogy requests (contact staff)
- Return of Library materials. The Library will be using recommended quarantining procedures before returning items to circulation.
- In-Library access and browsing
- Computer use
- In-Library programming or meeting room use
- Public Washrooms
Curbside Pick-up / Porch Pick-Up
- Find out what’s available now by searching the Library’s catalogue. Not sure what you want? Staff are happy to help find something you’ll like.
- Login to your account to place items on hold from the catalogue – or contact the Library by phone (613-269-3326), email, contact form, or social media to request items. All circulating items in the Library are available for loan.
- When your items are ready, staff will contact you to arrange a time for pick-up. To ensure everyone’s safety, we will do contactless pick-up on the Library porch.
- When you arrive for pick-up, we ask that you wait until staff have left your items on the porch and returned to the Library before you approach to pick-up or return items. If you require delivery, please contact us to see what arrangements can be made.
- If you are returning items, please use the return slot to minimize contact.