The Library continues to lend family Museum Passes and MAPsacks (includes park pass)!
The library lends Museum Passes in partnership with the following museums:
- The Aquatarium [Brockville]
- The National Gallery of Canada
- The Museum of Nature
- The Canadian Museum of History (formerly the Museum of Civilization)
- The Canada Museum of Science and Technology (closed until later in 2017)
- The Canada Agriculture Museum
- The Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- The Canada War Museum
- The Ottawa Museum Network local history museums
Click here for a list of OMN museums
Family pass gives free admission for up to 5 people (max. 2 adults).
Note: the Aquatarium pass is now a discount pass that admits up to 5 people (either adults or children) for only $5/person.
Members can borrow a pass for 1 week.
For more information about Museum passes, contact the library.
Borrow a MAPsack! MAPsacks help families to get outside, explore and move!
A MAPsack is a backpack containing stories, nature guides, activity sheets, a logbook, and a free family pass to enjoy the Rideau Valley Conservation Areas OR Ontario Parks.
Merrickville Public Library currently has MAPsacks about:
- On the Move (with Ontario Parks pass)
- Butterflies & Moths (with RCVA pass)
MAPsacks are a rotating collection between libraries – check back to see what’s new!
MAPsacks were created by the Leeds-Grenville Stewardship Council and Rideau Lakes Public Library, as part of the Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Healthy Community Partnership.