Merrickville Public School and the Parent Advisory Council have donated a collection of parenting books to the Library.
The books in this collection, covering a variety of current topics, are intended as a resource for the whole community. The School and Council chose to locate the collection at the Library to make them more accessible to parents.
The titles in the collection are:
- The Smart Girl’s Guide to Privacy : practical tips for staying safe online – Violet Blue
- The Everything Parent’s Guide to Overcoming Childhood Anxiety : professional advice to help your child feel confident, resilient, and secure – Sherianna Boyle
- Bright Kids Who Can’t Keep Up : help your child overcome slow processing speed and succeed in a fast-paced world – Ellen Braaten and Brian Willoughby
- Just Because It’s Not Wrong Doesn’t Make It Right : from toddlers to teens, teaching kids to think and act ethically – Barbara Coloroso
- iRules : what every tech-healthy family needs to know about selfies, sexting, gaming, and growing up – Janell Burley Hofmann
- School success for Kids with Autism – edited by Andrew L. Engel, Katherine Holman and Christine H. Bartold
- The “Me, Me, Me” Epidemic : a step-by-step guide to raising capable, grateful kids in an over-entitled world – Amy McCready
- Parenting in the Age of Attention Snatchers : a step-by-step guide to balancing your child’s use of technology – Lucy Jo Palladino
- How to Hug a Porcupine : negotiating the prickly points of the tween years – Julie A. Ross
- Parenting with Presence : practices for raising concious, confident, caring kids – Susan Stiffelman
- Boundaries with Teens : when to say yes, how to say no – Dr. John Townsend
- Do I Get My Allowance Before or After I’m Grounded? : stop fighting, start talking, and get to know your teen – Vanessa Van Petten
- Drawing the Line : ten steps to constructive discipline – and achieving a great relationship with your kids – Michael J. Weiss and Sheldon H. Wagner