Merrickville Library Goes Green!
Merrickville Goes Green has generously sponsored a new collection of “green” books about environmentally-friendly living for the Library, as part of their efforts to promote sustainability!
These books – now on the shelf – cover renewable home energy, backyard “homesteading”, how to grow/raise your own food, permaculture gardening, organic cleaning, and more.
- Root Cellaring (N. Bubel)
- Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day (J. Hertzberg)
- Fermented Foods for Health (D. Rawlings)
- Healthy Child Healthy World (C. Gavigan)
- Paradise Lot: Two Plant Geeks, One-Tenth of an Acre and the Making of an Edible Garden Oasis in the City (E. Toensmeier)
- The Quarter Acre Farm: How I Kept the Patio, Lost the Lawn, and Fed My Family for a Year (S Warren)
- Gaining Ground: A Story of Farmers’ Markets, Local Food, and Saving the Family Farm (F Pritchard)
- The renewable energy home handbook (L Porter)
- DIY Solar Projects (E Smith)
- The Backyard Homestead (C Madigan)
- Gardening without work (R Stout)
- Gaia’s garden (T Hemenway)
- Backyard beekeeper (K Flottum)
- Mastering basic cheesemaking (G Caldwell)
- Organically Clean House (B Rapinchuk)
- Plastic-Free (B Terry)
- Zero Waste Home (B Johnson)
- Rosemary Gladstar’s Medicinal herbs: a beginner’s guide (R Gladstar)
Thank you MGG!